Fixed universal life provides flexible premium payments and reliable cash value growth tied to a fixed interest rate, offering stable growth over time.
Because these policies have a guaranteed crediting rate, you are not subject to investment risk and your cash value accumulates regardless of market fluctuations.
Fixed universal life is less risky than other universal life policies, so its growth potential is the most limited.
Benefits to you
- Lifetime protection for your loved ones
- Flexible premiums allow you to adjust your payments, or you can choose a fixed amount
- Ability to adjust your benefit amount to align with your changing life – you may want more coverage as your family grows and later decide to reduce your benefit as your children gain independence1
- Ability to build stable, tax-deferred cash value on a tax-preferred basis for unexpected expenses such as travel opportunities, supplemental retirement income or college funding
- Protection from market fluctuation
- If you do not pay enough premium, the policy may lapse
- Loans and withdrawals will impact both the death benefit and policy surrender value