Investing in your retirement
Variable deferred annuities offer the ability to invest your contributions in variable investment options, which may make them a good fit if you’re looking for market participation.
How variable deferred annuities work
When you purchase a variable deferred annuity, you have a diverse array of investment options available, each with varying levels of market risk and investment objectives.
You can choose an investment profile that matches your investment style and risk tolerance. A financial advisor can help you determine which options are suited to help you meet your financial goals.
Once purchased, you can change your investment allocation within your annuity at any time without creating a taxable event.
Choose your income strategy
When you are ready to begin receiving income from your annuity, you can select from a range of options.
These options allow you to structure an income that’s guaranteed to last for your lifetime, for a set period of time, for joint lives, and/or to provide for beneficiaries.
Optional living and death benefits
Because the value of your variable annuity contract can fluctuate with the ups and downs of the markets, variable deferred annuities often offer optional benefits to provide additional flexibility and protection.
- Optional living benefits can help you protect, and in some cases even grow, your future guaranteed contract value or income – even in times of down markets
- Optional death benefits can help protect – and, in some cases, enhance – your contract’s death benefit payable to your beneficiaries
Optional benefits are available for an additional cost.
Benefits to you
- Opportunity for market exposure if you’re looking for potentially greater returns and can accept the accompanying risk
- An assortment of investment options to choose from with varying ranges of risk and return
- Tax deferral, which allows you to potentially grow assets faster
- Opportunity to select optional benefits to further help grow, protect and sustain your retirement assets or income
- If you choose to turn your annuity into a lifetime income stream, income options are available that are guaranteed for your lifetime, a period of time, and/or to provide for beneficiaries
- Guaranteed death benefit to protect beneficiaries