Simple, affordable protection
Term life insurance is a simple, affordable way to protect your loved ones for a specific period. The policy pays a benefit to your beneficiaries should you pass away during the term your coverage is active.1 Terms can generally range from 10 to 20 or 30 years.
Regardless of where you are in life, your family may benefit from life insurance to cover medical bills, funeral costs and estate management expenses.
Lifestyle considerations for term insurance
- Single and in your 20s - Life insurance can help beneficiaries pay off student loans, car payments, credit cards or other debts.
- Married with young children - Life insurance can help your spouse maintain your home, current lifestyle and provide for your children’s support.
- Single parent and sole breadwinner - Life insurance can help a caregiver cover childcare costs and other living expenses and fulfill plans for your child's future education.
- Married with no children - Life insurance can provide the money to meet financial obligations and help your spouse hold onto the assets and lifestyle you’ve both worked hard to achieve.
Term life insurance benefits to you
- Simple and straightforward protection for your loved ones
- Less expensive than permanent insurance products
- May have the ability to convert to permanent protection
- Limited coverage period
- No cash value buildup
- Depending on the product, may be subject to underwriting
When your policy term ends, your coverage expires. But you may have the option to convert your term policy to permanent life insurance.