Learn more about our program
Self-service tools and resources
Lifestyle Benefits is a suite of self-service resources that helps employees address financial challenges in all stages of life.
- Available online and by phone 24/7/365
- Employees and their families can access tools anytime — without having to enroll
Most solutions available at no additional cost to the employee or employer
84% of our employer clients
have adopted at least one of our lifestyle benefits, making them available to 5.7 million employees
As of March 2022
Lifestyle Benefits is a suite of self-service resources.... in all stages of life. Our comprehensive tools include:
Legal, Financial and Grief resources
From TELUS Health
Professional and timely support services for a variety of needs ranging from legal matters, financial situations or coping with loss - to overall well-being concerns about family, health and more. Personalized assistance is available through confidential consultations, along with easy-to-access online resources through web or mobile app.
A complimentary 30-minute consultation per issue by phone or in an attorney’s local office.
- One consultation per issue is available each year
- Additional services are available at 25 percent discount of the attorney’s hourly fee
- Includes access to a full suite of online services, including:
- Simple will preparation
- Other resources
Phone access to accredited financial counselors to answer questions or schedule a 45-minute counseling session per issue on these topics:
- Budget analysis
- Credit management
- Establishing savings goals
- Finding resources for:
- Home ownership, college funding or retirement planning
- Basic estate planning
- Questions about tax planning and preparation
Access to master’s level consultants by phone for any stage of grief.
- Referrals to outside agencies on a broad range of issues related to loss
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
From TELUS Health
A modern approach to EAP that allows employers to choose their desired level of service. From digital/phone access to more complete wellbeing services, the program offers a mobile-first user experience with anytime access to proactively support the health of employees at work and home.
Three- or five-session models:
- 24/7 phone access, video and in-person counseling and live chat
- Employee support in areas of human services, social work, psychology or counseling
- Critical incident support - Telephonic and onsite support for critical incidents
- Wellness seminars including sessions designed for people leaders
- Management support - Coaching and tools for handling workplace issues and concerns
- Digital behavioral-based assessment that provides personalized recommendations for positive lifestyle changes.
- CareNow service - Access to online self-guided program for help with anxiety, depression and stress.
- Perks and savings - Exclusive offers from your favorite retails to help save on everyday life purchases.
Employers have access to add-on features, and program can also be customized with additional sessions.
The average EAP counseling case reduces work absenteeism by 57%.1
From Redpoint WTP LLC
Offers 24/7 online, pre-trip resources and support for emergency travel assistance and other services when traveling 50+ miles from home.
Pre-trip planning and trip support: Passport, visa, immunization and currency conversion information, as well as ID theft support and assistance replacing lost or stolen luggage.
Medical evacuation services: Pre-hospital and rental vehicle assistance, transport to nearest appropriate medical facility once hospitalized, mortal remains repatriation, return of dependent children/pets, family member visitation, and travel companion transport.
Security evacuation services: Transport to the nearest safe area for security emergencies.
Beneficiary Financial Coaching
From PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services, LLC
An independent and objective financial coaching program for employees’ beneficiaries receiving $25,000 or more of insurance. Coaches do not sell investments or financial products. This program includes:
- Survivor guide: Provided in three phases, each focused on a specific planning stage, to help make it less overwhelming for survivors to take action on critical financial and legal matters following the death of a loved one.
- Financial Fitness Score: Upon completion of an online assessment, participants receive a personalized financial wellness report that outlines key action items they should consider in the areas of cash and debt management, savings and retirement plans, investments, insurance coverage, and legal matters (wills, durable power of attorney, etc.).
- PwC's Financial Wellness site: 12 months of mobile-enabled web application provides personalized content with budgeting and planning tools.
- Dedicated telephonic coaching: Beneficiaries receiving $100,000 or more of insurance receive monthly proactive telephone calls from a PwC financial coach for help with financial decisions during the first six months and telephone access to a PwC financial coach up to 12 months.
Legacy Planning Resources
From Securian Financial
Access a variety of online information and resources to work through end-of-life issues, including funeral planning, final arrangements, essential directives and survivor assistance.
After a claim is started, these additional services are available to beneficiaries by phone:
- Funeral concierge: Allows for coverage verification and direct payment to a funeral home so services can be provided before insurance payment is available.
- Express Assignment™: Same-day funeral home assignment service reduces concern about paying.
Identity Theft Recovery Services
From Generali Global Assistance
Fraud resolution specialists provide guidance and perform certain administrative tasks to resolve issues resulting from identity theft. The program includes prevention services, detection services, resolution guidance and assistance, and personal services.
- Education and ID theft resolution kit
- ID Theft Affidavit to be submitted to proper authorities, credit bureaus and creditors
- Assistance with notification of major credit-reporting agencies
- Assistance with requests to creditors to cancel cards and issue new ones
- Translation services if the theft occurs overseas and employee needs help communicating with the local police to file a report
- Emergency cash advance* (up to $500) when theft occurs 100+ miles from home
*Guarantee of reimbursement is required.
33% of Americans have been victim of identity theft at some point in their lives.2
1. LifeWorks. (2022). Workplace Outcome Suite (WOS) Annual Report 2021: EAP counseling use and outcomes, COVID-19 pandemic impact, and best practices in outcome data collection. White paper. Author: Attridge, M. Toronto, ON.
2. National Council on Identity Theft Protection (2023). "2023 Identity Theft Facts and Statistics."
Enrich by iGrad and Lifestyle Benefits are provided by third-party service providers. All such services and products are the sole responsibility of the service provider. The services are not affiliated with Securian or its group contracts and may be discontinued at any time. Certain terms, conditions and restrictions may apply when utilizing the services.
Lifestyle Benefit Services provided by TELUS Health, RedpointWTP, LLC, Generali Global Assistance and PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services, LLC are their sole responsibility. The services are not affiliated with Securian Financial or its group contracts and may be discontinued at any time. Certain terms, conditions and restrictions may apply when utilizing the services. To learn more, visit the appropriate website.
Financial advisors/professionals do not provide specific tax/legal advice and this information should not be considered as such. You should always consult your tax/legal advisor regarding your own specific tax/legal situation.