A more diverse workforce helps us continue building DEI into our company’s DNA. We're focusing on recruitment, development and retention programs and measuring our progress to help us get there.
Recruiting and hiring
Our ongoing key actions include:
- Expanding college recruiting efforts within underrepresented populations by deepening our engagement with multicultural student groups.
- Participating in professional organizations and events targeted to people of color, veterans and women in technology.
- Leveraging relationships and events for mid-career professionals to build a pipeline for management-level roles.
We’ve also implemented tools to reduce bias in the hiring process, including:
- Competency-based interview guides that help our talent management team and hiring managers focus on job candidates’ skills and behaviors.
- Unconscious bias micro-learnings that hiring managers review prior to the interview process to help mitigate bias.
Extensive resources and learning and development programs help our employees build skills and enhance their lives — at work and outside of it. This includes a new mentorship program focused on helping people of color and women advance in their careers.
Retaining our employees is just as important as getting them in the door. Our five Employee Resource Groups play a pivotal role in helping employees feel connected and supported through tailored programming. Each has executive sponsors, dedicated talent management recruiters, and direct support of the DEI office and the Securian Financial Diversity and Inclusion Council.
Learn more about our Employee Resource Groups