Securian’s Financial Wellness 360 program offers comprehensive, flexible solutions to meet the needs of diverse workforces. Our multi-faceted financial wellness program inspires, educates and encourages employees to make lasting financial behavior changes. A financially-well workforce can lead to less stress, higher employee retention and reduced health care costs.
The need for financial wellness is clear
Finances are the number one source of daily stress for U.S. adults, and more than half of American households do not have a long-term financial plan1. Financial stress distracts employees and can hurt the bottom line. Distraction, driven by financial distress, lowers productivity, increases turnover and affects employee health.1
A financial wellness program that inspires lasting change
Financial Wellness 360 is comprised of three solutions to help reduce financial stress: SmartDollar®, Advisor Connection and Lifestyle Benefits.
Guided online financial wellness program
SmartDollar2 is an immersive online program that takes a holistic approach to financial wellness, helping produce lasting behavior change. The average SmartDollar user pays off $7,4003 in debt and saves $4,8003 in the first year. Acting as an online personal financial coach, SmartDollar meets users where they are and helps them from the day they start the program all the way through their retirement.
With over 25 years of experience3 in the financial wellness space, more than 4.5 million3 people have been helped with their personal finances. SmartDollar program benefits include:
- Turn-key program with dedicated marketing support
- End-to-end reporting metrics
Financial educational worksite seminars
Advisor Connection offers convenient, worksite seminars allowing employees to learn about finance principles that are relevant to them including personal finance and retirement strategies. Research shows over 80% of employees are willing to participate in workday financial seminars.4
An in-person experience allows employees to learn directly from program-certified, registered financial advisors. Advisor Connection program benefits include:
- Securian-managed seminar registration and promotional campaign to drive awareness
- Reporting that includes employee participation and satisfaction data
- A workbook for each participating employee that outlines key concepts with an invitation to schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with the advisor
Self-service tools and resources
Lifestyle Benefits is a suite of self-service resources that help employees address today’s financial challenges and plan for tomorrow. Available online and by phone 24/7/365, employees can simply access tools as they’re needed – without any enrollment. Services include:
- Confidential financial advice and support5
- Financial assessments, articles and tips
- Travel assistance, including pre-trip planning and emergency services5
- Objective beneficiary financial counseling5
- Will preparation guidance5
- Legal and grief counselling to help with the impacts of significant life events5