Protecting your employees with exceptional value and service
Securian works with large employers and executive groups nationwide to provide financial protection for millions of people. Our focus is on you and your employees – and how we can make your lives easier and more secure.
We offer highly customized group insurance products underwritten by Minnesota Life Insurance Company or Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York authorized insurer,1 including:
- Group term, group universal and variable universal life insurance
- Group accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Group critical illness, group accident and group hospital indemnity insurance2
As a valued and premier provider in the group insurance industry, we are known for our outstanding service. And our numbers back up our reputation.
In our most recent survey, 100 percent of our employer customers were satisfied with our service3 and we retained 92 percent of our business.4
Who we serve
Securian specializes in large public and private employer plans with 1,000 or more participants. Since we issued our first group life insurance policy in 1917, Securian – through its affiliates, Minnesota Life and Securian Life – has grown to become the third-largest direct writer of group life insurance in the United States.5
Securian also provides group insurance solutions for small to medium-sized municipalities nationwide through our affiliate, Ochs, Inc.,6 and we have teamed up with Zurich International Life to provide group life coverage solutions for employees all over the globe.7
Did you know?
We‘re the top provider of group life insurance to state governments – 20 – and have an extensive list of Fortune 500 employer clients – including 20 of the Fortune 100.
We’re redefining group insurance
Our excellent service and innovative technology make it easy to deliver competitive benefits that attract and retain your employees.
From full plan administration to robust self-service websites and technology solutions, we offer unparalleled service and customization to make life easier.See what sets us apart
We offer group life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment protection and a suite of voluntary group insurance products.
Ellie: The interactive benefits guide
Meet Securian’s interactive benefits guide, Ellie™ – a fresh, creative approach to helping your employees understand their benefits.
Ellie tailors a personal conversation to each employee’s needs and life stage, guiding them toward educated decisions about their benefits.Meet Ellie
Group insurance administration and technology
Make life easier for your employees and your benefits staff by taking advantage of Securian’s industry-leading administrative and technology solutions for group insurance.See how we make life easier
1. Securian Life Insurance Company is a New York authorized insurer. Each insurer is solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies or contracts it issues.
2. Policies provide limited benefits. These policies have exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact Securian Financial Group. Product availability and features may vary by state.
3. Client Satisfaction Survey, Gestalt, Inc., 2015. Survey conducted every other year.
4. As of December 31, 2016.
5. Direct group life insurance inforce as of December 31, 2015 on a consolidated basis as reported in the Annual Statement Policy Exhibit State Pages. Source: SNL Financial LC. This statistic reflects the insurance affiliates of Securian Financial Group, Inc., Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company.
6. Ochs, Inc. administers life and AD&D products on behalf of the issuing insurance company.
7. Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company are not affiliated with Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd and Zurich American Life Insurance Company. Both Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd and Zurich American Life Insurance Company are solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies or contracts it issues. Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd does not issue policies or contracts in the United States.