Solutions to help protect your clients’ assets
Long-term care insurance gives individuals flexibility when deciding when and how they would like to receive care, should they become chronically ill. In addition, it can help protect their assets from the costly expenses associated with care, particularly over long periods of time.
Securian Financial offers tax-advantaged, long-term care (LTC) and chronic illness (CI) solutions to address a wide range of client needs. Help your clients secure their care, their assets and their future – for the long-term.
Long-term care products
SecureCare Universal Life (SecureCare)
Hybrid life/LTC, permanent life insurance policy with an accelerated long-term care agreement that provides cash indemnity-style long-term care benefits, issued by MINNESOTA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY.
- Individuals with the primary need to cover long-term care expenses
- Desires benefits that may keep up with inflation
- Looking for long-term care protection with additional guarantees
- Desires a guaranteed premium long-term care solution
- Simplicity — cash indemnity benefits allow your client to spend their benefit payments however they choose.
- Flexibility — customizable coverage with the option to purchase one of four inflation protection options and select from multiple premium schedules.
- Freedom — choice in how and where clients receive care.
- Guarantees — LTC benefits, death benefit, return of premium and reduced paid-up benefit (multi-year premium options only).
How it works
Client elects their premium schedule (single or multi-year-5, 7, 10 or 15 year) and customizes their policy:
- Initial long-term care benefit period - client receives a monthly acceleration of death benefit for either 2 or 3 years with the Acceleration for Long-Term Care Agreement.
- Extend their benefits - Adding our optional Extension of Long-Term Care Benefits Agreement to the policy increases benefit payments for an additional 2 or 4 years, extending the total benefits up to a maximum of 7 years.
- Long-Term Care Inflation Protection Agreement - 3% simple, 5% simple, 3% compound, 5% compound
Client receives these benefits:
- LTC Benefit — a tax-advantaged monthly benefit to help cover expenses associated with their care should they become chronically ill.
- Death Benefit — beneficiaries will receive a death benefit, even if they exhaust their entire long-term care benefit.
- Return of Premium1 — a refund of premiums paid if they no longer desire coverage subject to applicable vesting schedule.
- Reduced Paid-Up Benefit — If your client stops paying premiums, they'll receive a reduced paid-up benefit for the rest of their life.
For use in Delaware, District of Columbia, and states where this product is available under the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (IIPRC).