Securian’s Financial Wellness 360 program inspires, educates and encourages employees to make lasting financial behavior changes. A financially-well workforce can lead to less stress, higher employee retention and reduced health care costs.
The need for financial wellness is clear
Finances are the number one source of daily stress for U.S. adults, and more than half of American households do not have a long-term financial plan.3 Financial stress distracts employees and can hurt the bottom line. Distraction, driven by financial distress, lowers productivity, increases turnover and affects employee health.3
A financial wellness program that inspires lasting change
The Financial Wellness 360 program offered to retirement plan clients is comprised of three solutions to help reduce financial stress: SmartDollar®, Lifestyle Benefits and Retirement Readiness Tools and Education.
Guided online financial wellness program
SmartDollar4 is an immersive online program that takes a holistic approach to financial wellness, helping produce lasting behavior change. The average SmartDollar user pays off $9,405 in debt and saves $6,127 in the first year.5 Acting as an online personal financial coach, SmartDollar meets users where they are and helps them from the day they start the program all the way through their retirement.
With over 25 years of experience in the financial wellness space, more than 2 million people have taken control of their finances with SmartDollar.5 Program benefits include:
- Turn-key program with dedicated marketing support
- End-to-end reporting metrics
Lifestyle Benefits is a suite of resources that help employees address today’s financial challenges and prepare for tomorrow. Available online and by phone 24/7/365, employees can talk with councilors or access tools as they’re needed. Services include:
- Confidential financial counseling and support6
- Financial assessments, articles and tips6
- Will preparation guidance6
- Legal and grief counseling to help with the impacts of significant life events4
Retirement readiness tools and education
Self-service tools and resources
Employees can take advantage of self-service, interactive tools and resources to help on every step of their retirement journey.
- Age-based tools and calculators offer relevant information to employees at any stage of life
- Employees have access to the Retirement Income Projection Tool to get into the "Target Zone"
- Engaging annual campaigns and videos offer education and insights when employees need it the most