We’re redefining how you think about group life and voluntary benefits
Solutions that fit your needs, technology to keep up with your business and exceptional customer service always at the ready. Those are just a few of the ways we're delivering on our promise of making life better. Get to know us, and start seeing life in a whole new way.
Get to know us
From innovative products and industry-leading administrative technology to compassionate care for beneficiaries, our focus is on you, your employees and their families.
The truth is in the numbersAny company can claim to be a leader and innovator in service excellence. We let the facts about our group insurance business speak for us.
Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company, affiliates of Securian Financial Group Inc., are highly rated by the four independent rating organizations that analyze financial strength and claims-paying history.4
|Securian Life||Superior A+||Strong A+||Excellent Aa3||Very Strong AA|
|Minnesota Life||Superior A+||Strong A+||Excellent Aa3||Very Strong AA|
Exceptional service in actionFrom implementation to claims, we're redefining service every step of the way. The result is a responsive, seamless experience that's tailored to the individual needs of the people we serve.
Because we believe making the business of group insurance easier and more personal is the only way to do business. Here are a few thoughts, from your perspective and ours, on what makes our service special.
I've been in HR management for 25 years and experienced many implementations. The one run by Securian was, by far, the best-managed and best-staffed implementation I've ever experienced.
Leslie D., city government client
People don't know what to expect when they call in to file a group life insurance death claim. We are open, answer questions, explain next steps, reassure people, and provide a compassionate ear and voice.
Annie B., employee, Securian
Working with Securian over the last 11 years has been a great pleasure. All of their representatives dedicated to our account are extremely responsive and competent. Their online capabilities are outstanding!
Gloria H., county government client
From start to finish
I can't say enough good things about the professionalism of the entire Securian implementation team. From the system configuration to the policy creation, they never missed a deadline and provided us with guidance when we needed it.
Donna R., travel and hospitality client
We're here for you. For life.
We are the third-largest direct writer of group life insurance in the U.S., as measured by insurance in force.5
We offer term and cash value group life insurance programs, as well as accidental death and dismemberment protection and voluntary insurance products to large employers and small municipal groups nationwide.
Internationally, we work with Zurich Insurance Group and Zurich Employee Benefits Network to provide group life coverage for global employees.6
Learn more about our capabilities.Get to know us
1. Client satisfaction survey, Gestalt, Inc. 2017.
2. Statistics reflect entire group insurance business of Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company. Retention rates are calculated based on data from leading carriers' Annual Statements (2013-2017). Data source: SNL Financial LC.
3. Service Scorecard, Securian Market Research, 2017.
4. A.M. Best Company rating (second highest of 16 ratings); Fitch rating (third highest of 19 ratings); Moody's rating (fourth highest of 21 ratings); Standard & Poor's rating (fifth highest of 21 ratings). For more information about the rating agencies and to see where our ratings rank compared to other ratings, please see our website at securian.com/ratings. Securian Financial Group, Inc., is a part of an insurance company holding group. These ratings are assigned to the following Securian Financial Group member companies: Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company.
5. The direct group life insurance inforce as of Dec. 31, 2017, on a consolidated basis as reported in the annual statement policy exhibit state pages. Data sources: S&P Global Market Intelligence. This statistic reflects the insurance affiliates of Securian Financial Group, Inc., Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company.
6. Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company are not affiliated with Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd or Zurich American Life Insurance Company. Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd and Zurich American Life Insurance Company are solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies of the contracts they issue. Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd does not issue policies or contracts in the United States.