Protecting employees with exceptional value and service
Securian Financial works with large employers and executive groups nationwide to provide financial protection for millions of people. Our focus is on you and how we can make your lives easier and more secure.
We offer highly customized group insurance products underwritten by Minnesota Life Insurance Company or Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York authorized insurer.1
As a valued and premier provider in the group insurance industry, we are known for our outstanding service. And our numbers back up our reputation.
In our most recent survey, 99 percent of our employer customers were satisfied with our service2 and 96 percent would recommend us to another company.2
Who we serve
Securian Financial specializes in large public and private employer plans with 1,000 or more participants. Since we issued our first group life insurance policy in 1917, Securian – through its affiliates, Minnesota Life and Securian Life – has grown to become the third-largest direct writer of group life insurance in the United States.3
We also provide group insurance solutions for small to medium-sized municipalities nationwide through our affiliate, Ochs, Inc.,4 and we have teamed up with Zurich International Life to provide group life coverage solutions for employees all over the globe.5
Did you know?
We‘re the top provider of group life insurance to state governments – 18 – and have an extensive list of Fortune 500 employer clients – including 22 of the Fortune 100.
We’re redefining group insurance
Our excellent service and innovative technology make it easy to deliver competitive benefits that attract and retain your employees.
From full plan administration to robust self-service websites and technology solutions, we offer unparalleled service and customization to make life easier.See what sets us apart
We offer a suite of group insurance products including life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment protection, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity, and more.Learn more about our products
Financial Wellness 360™
Financial Wellness 360 offers comprehensive, flexible solutions to meet the needs of diverse workforces. Our multi-faceted wellness program inspires, educates, and encourages employees to make lasting financial behavior changes.Learn more today
Group insurance administration and technology
Make life easier for your employees and your benefits staff by taking advantage of our industry-leading administrative and technology solutions for group insurance.See how we make life easier
Ellie®: The interactive benefits guide
Meet Securian Financial's interactive benefits guide, Ellie – a fresh, creative approach to helping your employees understand their benefits.
Ellie tailors a personal conversation to each employee’s needs and life stage, guiding them toward educated decisions about their benefits.Meet Ellie
1. Group Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity policies provide limited benefits. These policies have exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact Securian Financial Group. Product availability and features may vary by state.
2. Client Satisfaction Survey, Gestalt, Inc., 2017. Survey conducted every other year.
3. Direct group life insurance in force as of December 31, 2017 on a consolidated basis as reported in the Annual Statement Policy Exhibit State Pages. Source: S&P Global Market Intelligence. This statistic reflects the insurance affiliates of Securian Financial Group, Inc., Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company.
4. Ochs, Inc. administers life and AD&D products on behalf of the issuing insurance company.
5. Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company are not affiliated with Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd and Zurich American Life Insurance Company. Both Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd and Zurich American Life Insurance Company are solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies or contracts it issues. Zurich Life Insurance Company Ltd does not issue policies or contracts in the United States.