Preparing for your new normal
No one plans for this. It’s going to be a difficult transition – mentally, emotionally and financially. But you don’t have to do it alone.
Going from married to single, you probably have a ton of financial questions.
If you have a divorce settlement or life insurance benefits, what’s a wise thing to do with the money? If your spouse handled the finances previously, how do you build and keep a budget on your own income? If you’ve been preparing for a retirement for two, how do you adjust your plans for one?
A financial advisor has the expertise and experience to help you build a sound financial strategy that works for your new life.
Topics to discuss with your advisor
- Reevaluate your budget, lifestyle, housing and cash flow
- Compare current income to expenses
- Review your life, health and long term disability insurance needs
- Choose new beneficiaries for your life insurance policies and retirement plans
- Assess your retirement needs and adjust your savings plan
- Evaluate asset allocation and diversification