Securian introduces expedited, less invasive underwriting program for healthiest life insurance applicants
ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Many of the healthiest individual life insurance applicants could be approved for up to $1 million in coverage in less than 48 hours1—without lab requirements—under a new, holistic approach to underwriting offered by one of the country’s most highly-rated life insurers.2
Securian Financial Group’s WriteFit Underwriting™ program uses readily-available data to quickly assess an individual applicant’s relative mortality—resulting in faster underwriting decisions and coverage for some applicants.
“WriteFit is all about improving the applicant experience,” said Richard Fetter, Securian’s director of individual life insurance underwriting. “If an individual appears healthy and all the data we look at through WriteFit tells us we are okay for approval, there is no reason to require an exam or labwork.”
Individuals are eligible for WriteFit Underwriting if they are:
- Age 18 to 54
- Applying for a single-life policy
- Applying for a face amount up to $1 million
- Applying via Securian’s “Quick eApp” (an online—as opposed to paper—application)
- Using Securian’s tele-interview process3
Information from the tele-interview and a variety of medical and non-medical readily-available data is used in the underwriting decision.4 The data includes financial information, court records, property records, motor vehicle reports, and Medical Information Bureau and prescription drug records.
Securian’s top underwriting classes — Preferred Select and Preferred — are available through WriteFit.
“WriteFit is the next evolution in life insurance underwriting,” said Fetter. “Securian is improving the applicant experience to encourage more Americans to seek the financial security that only life insurance can provide.”
Financial professionals interested in learning more about WriteFit can call Securian’s Life Sales Support Team at 1-888-413-7860, option 1.
About Securian Financial Group
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest financial services providers, Securian is the holding company parent of a group of companies that offer a broad range of financial services.
Insurance products are issued by Minnesota Life Insurance Company in all states except for New York. In New York, products are issued by Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York authorized insurer. Minnesota Life is not an authorized New York insurer and does not do business in New York.
- After completion of tele-interview.
- Securian Financial Group, Inc., is part of an insurance company holding group. These ratings are assigned to the following Securian Financial Group member companies: Minnesota Life Insurance Company and Securian Life Insurance Company. For more information about the rating agencies and to see where our rating ranks relative to other ratings, visit www.securian.com/ratings.
- Information from tele-interview helps determine whether applicant is eligible for WriteFit Underwriting.
- Appropriate consent is obtained prior to data collection and usage.
DOFU 1-2017 92731