Securian’s contributions to the Twin Cities community have been recognized by local organizations and media outlets by several noteworthy awards.
- 2015: The Securian Foundation was one of 14 Minnesota foundations recognized and featured in the StarTribune’s 2015 Giving Back publication
- 2015: Securian received the Community Impact Award for Long Term Achievement and were one of three finalists for Youth Initiatives Award from Minnesota Business magazine
- 2014: Securian received the Honored Company Award from the Minnesota Keystone Program, which recognizes three businesses that have done something extraordinary to make a difference within their community
- 2011: Securian received the National Jefferson Award for Exemplary Philanthropy and Community Involvement; this national award to recognize and honor public stewardship was founded in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, U.S. Senator Robert Taft, Jr. and Sam Beard, founder and chairman of the National Development Council
Securian is perennially recognized as an outstanding place to work on a regional and national scale.
Some of our recent accolades include:
- 2016: We are named to the InformationWeek’s Elite 100; this marks the 16th time we have received InformationWeek’s highest technology award
- 2016: Seventh consecutive year as one of the StarTribune Top 150 Workplaces
- 2016: 21st consecutive year as one of Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- 2014: Lifeworks Services Employer of the Year Award for employing individuals with disabilities
Being a good neighbor means being a good steward of the environment. Our campus has been recognized with several environmental honors.
- 2009: Securian Center 401 becomes the first office building in the Twin Cities and one of only five in Minnesota to earn the prestigious LEED-EB certification for existing buildings from the U.S. Green Building Council; it was recertified at the Silver level in 2014
- 2007: Securian Center 400 and 401 earn the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star, the national symbol for superior energy efficiency and environmental protection; Securian Center 401 scores 96, placing it in the top four percent of U.S. commercial buildings