Do something for yourself. Not by yourself.
Starting again is not starting over
After working hard in other ventures, isn’t it time to build something for yourself?
Apply your knowledge, skills and the network you’ve built to something you can own.
Financial advisor careers provide what many people look for in a profession:
- Impact: Bring fulfillment to clients’ lives through thoughtful and thorough financial advising.
- Independence: More flexibility allows the life balance many people want today.
- Income: Experienced advisors have unlimited earning potential.
What you’ll do
Once you begin working with one of our independent firms, you’ll build a business that makes a difference by helping individuals, families and businesses set and achieve their financial goals.
You'll have the support of colleagues and mentors, but you also get the support of Securian, a nationwide financial services company. As a financial advisor in the Securian Financial Network, you will:
- Provide financial solutions through insurance and investment products from Securian as well as other companies, depending on what’s best for your clients.
- Gain independence and support – independence to establish your own practice and brand while we back you with resources and expertise from our nationwide network.
How you’ll learn
Our four-year advisor development program helps ensure you have the skills, support and financing necessary to build a thriving practice.
You’ll learn client attraction and retention strategies and financial expertise, and receive training and financial support through a combination of self-direction, teamwork with experienced advisors and mentors, and earning industry designations.
How you’ll get paid
Securian compensates and recognizes you for the financial services you provide. This gives you a direct incentive to grow your business – without a mandate to sell a particular product or service. It also allows you to find the financial solutions that meet your client’s various needs.
During your first six months, you will earn compensation and commissions for completing specific activities. As your practice grows, commission-based compensation increases and our financial support decreases.
Benefits, retirement and recognition programs add to your overall compensation.