An unexpected illness brings unexpected challenges
When life gets messy and unpredictable, employees can’t afford to miss a beat.
Group critical Illness insurance helps employees prepare financially for an unexpected life event. The lump-sum benefit can be used any way to help cover costs such as child care, mortgage payments or out-of-pocket medical costs.
Why offer group critical illness insurance?
- The need is real – the incidences of critical illnesses are growing and survival rates are increasing1
- Helps cover out-of-pocket costs without tapping savings or other sources
- Payouts don’t depend on employee’s income or other insurance
- Cash benefit is paid directly to the insured to use any way they choose
- Easy for employees to enroll at work and pay premiums through payroll deduction
- Amounts of coverage available without medical exam
- Coverage is available at group rates
How group critical illness insurance works
If an employee is diagnosed with a condition covered by the policy and meets the policy requirements, our critical illness insurance will pay a lump sum benefit.
Benefits are paid at a percentage of the amount of coverage the employee has elected.
Here’s an example of how benefits could be paid.