Don't let an accident hurt more than it should
Accidents can happen to anyone. But what people often don’t think about – or plan for – are the costs that accompany an accident.
What is group accident insurance?
Group accident insurance, underwritten by Securian Life Insurance Company, helps plan for the unexpected and provides additional peace of mind.
Flexible plan design, optional features, including Ellie,™ the interactive benefits guide, and Securian’s signature service make group accident insurance a valuable addition to any benefits plan.
Why offer group accident insurance?
- Accidents happen. More than half occur in or around the home,1 and the potential out-of-pocket costs of care following an accident are growing2
- Benefit payout doesn’t depend on income or other insurance
- Cash benefit paid directly to the insured to use any way they wish
- No health questions asked – coverage is always guaranteed
- Multiple benefits available for any one accident
- Dependents eligible for same benefit amounts as employee
- Easy for employees to enroll at work and pay through payroll deduction
- Coverage is available at group rates
How group accident insurance works
If the insured is injured in a covered accident, they can get a payout to use any way they wish to help cover deductibles, out-of-pocket medical costs or everyday living expenses.
Here’s an example of how benefits under a group accident insurance policy might be paid to an employee.