Families across the country are stressed out when it comes to their personal finances
Financial wellness is a critical benefit
Financial matters is the top cause of stress at work for U.S. employees — and distracting them on the job.1 Employee financial stress costs employers across the U.S. a total of $4.7 billion per week in lost productivity.3
Help employees and drive results
Supporting financial well-being not only helps employees pay off debt, save for an emergency and get on track for retirement, but also achieve business results:
- Reduced employee stress
- Increased productivity
- Fewer employee health issues related to financial stress
- Reduced healthcare costs and illness-related absenteeism
- Maintain or improve morale
- Increased employee engagement, job satisfaction and retention
Comprehensive, flexible solutions to help reduce financial stress
Securian's Financial Wellness 360 program is designed to embrace the different ways employees like to engage with information. Our multi-faceted program includes online, in-person and self-paced services. It also provides a variety of avenues to inspire, educate and encourage employees to make lasting change.
Providing long-term financial success, the Financial Wellness 360 program is offered through four components:
- Personalized financial education by Enrich™
- Legal, financial and grief resources through LifeWorks
- Student loan assistance through BenefitEd™
- Retirement readiness resources
Distracted at home, unfocused at work
of Americans can’t cover a $1,000 emergency with savings.4
of those making more than $100,000 annually live paycheck to paycheck5
of employees are saving less for retirement than they think they should5
Personalized financial education by Enrich™
Enrich provides behavior-changing, interactive financial education to help employees improve their financial well-being. Key features include:
Courses with interactive content adapted to unique user needs
- Financial behavioral analysis
- Individualized prescriptive action plans
- Assistance with realistic goal setting
Employees receive a highly personalized and interactive experience as they learn about important financial topics like student debt, mortgages, budgeting, investing, retirement, long-term care and more.
Employees answer a financial check-up questionnaire to get personalized content. Enrich uses artificial intelligence (AI) to “learn about the learner” to identify preferred content and further tailor the experience for each employee.
Enrich users experience positive behavior changes
From 2020 to 2021, Enrich users experienced overwhelmingly positive behavior changes. In just 12 months:
in users who had built up an emergency savings of at least 3 months of living expenses6
in users who reported that they are on track with saving for their goals6
in users who are contributing to their retirement savings plan6
Legal, financial and grief resources through LifeWorks
This suite of complimentary, no-obligation professional services and self-service resources helps employees address today's financial challenges and plan for tomorrow. Available online and by phone 24/7/365, employees (and their dependents) can talk with counselors or legal professionals and access hundreds of articles, online toolkits, audio recordings, assessments and videos with tips and tools to boost well-being and make life a little easier — without having to enroll.
Student loan assistance through BenefitEd™
BenefitEd™ provides a full suite of student loan benefits that can benefit many members of a workforce — regardless of age. These programs can boost any financial wellness program and, in turn, help employers attract and retain top talent. Solutions include:
- Employer-assisted student loan repayment — Helps employees pay down student loan debt with direct contributions or matching programs to reward loyalty, ease recruitment and reduce employee financial stress
- Employer-assisted college savings — Helps employees save for future education, including their own or their family members, by supplementing 529 college savings contributions, encouraging financial planning and helping them achieve their educational goals
- Employee choice — Gives employees an option to direct unused retirement plan matching funds toward their student loan or 529 plan.
- Student loan repayment support — Offers employees assistance on their student loan journey with a dashboard, resource center and expert support
- Tuition reimbursement — Rewards employees for continuing their education and eases the administrative burden for employers by partnering with BenefitEd to manage the program
Fee applies and is dependent on the program(s) selected and number of enrolled/eligible participants in the program. Securian Financial and BenefitEd are working together to provide reduced pricing exclusively for Securian Financial retirement plan clients.
Retirement readiness resources
Employees can take advantage of self-service, interactive tools and resources to help on every step of their retirement journey. Key features include:
- The Retirement Income Projection Tool — Identifies gaps to help employees get into their “Target Zone” and keep them there so they're retirement ready
- Engaging educational tools and resources — Newsletters, videos and campaigns cover a variety of key retirement topics and offer insights to help them develop healthy financial habits
- Calculators and planning tools — Provide employees with relevant savings and investing information at every stage of their life
- Simplified investing strategies — Help streamline asset allocation decisions for participants, including age-based, risk-based and personalized portfolios
1. PwC's 10th annual Employee Financial Wellness Survey, PwC US, 2021.
2. Bareham, Hanneh. "Student loan debt statistics," Bankrate, October 27, 2021.
3. 2021 Wellness Barometer Survey, BrightPlan, May 2021.
4. Bankrate survey, January 2022.
5. “Despite improvement in their financial wellbeing, U.S. workers remain worried,” Willis Towers Watson press release, February 11, 2020.
6. Enrich Financial Wellness, data from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
Financial wellness services are available by Enrich by iGrad, LifeWorks, and BenefitEd; and all such services and products are the sole responsibility of Enrich, LifeWorks and BenefitEd. Enrich, LifeWorks, and BenefitEd are not affiliated with Securian Financial Group, Inc. or Minnesota Life Insurance Company, and the services are not part of your contract with Minnesota Life. Securian Financial has made these services available to its plan sponsor clients as a convenience and such availability does not constitute an endorsement of the products and services.