Help employees protect their future
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month. What are you doing to ensure employees have an appropriate amount of life insurance for their unique circumstances?
In the past, many employees didn’t equate the value of life insurance to health and dental benefits, but with the pandemic, its importance has grown. And in today’s competitive hiring environment, life insurance is a critical component of an attractive benefits package.
Research indicates there’s a captive market for life insurance1:
- Only 52 percent of all adults own life insurance, with 40 percent of Gen Z and 48 percent of millennials currently owning it
- Owning life insurance makes people feel more financially secure: 69 percent of life insurance owners feel secure vs. 49 percent who don’t own any
- 37 percent of Gen Z and 27 percent of millennials say they “haven’t gotten around to it”
Research also suggests that education is needed1:
- 42 percent of all adults say they’re only somewhat or not at all knowledgeable about life insurance
- 25 percent of Gen Z and millennials say that not knowing how much or what kind of life insurance to buy stops them from getting coverage
- Across generations, cost is cited as the top reason for not getting life insurance
Enrollment season is around the corner, so now is the time to create a strategy for educating employees about the value of life insurance, and Securian Financial can help. You can rely on us for products, expertise, resources and over 100 years of experience. Our customer service is exceptional, as demonstrated by our 99 percent client service satisfaction2 and 97 percent client retention.3 Add to that our contact-free medical underwriting and real-time auto approval rates and you’ve got an innovative, competitive offering.
Let’s talk and create a meaningful group life insurance program that helps employees protect their future.