Why offer group critical illness insurance?
- Cash benefit is paid directly to the insured to use any way they choose
- Helps cover out-of-pocket costs without tapping savings or other sources
- Benefit payout doesn't depend on income or participation in other employer insurance offerings
What does the policy cover?
Our critical illness insurance is designed to offer maximum flexibility and stand out in the marketplace with over 80 covered conditions and innovative features that meet the needs of diverse workforces.
- Metastatic cancer — Provides a benefit for the metastasis of cancer diagnosed prior to the plan effective date.
- Mental health — Robust screening and treatment benefits for several mental health conditions, including depression, generalized anxiety, substance abuse disorder, ADHD, PTSD and autism.
- Infertility — Provides a diagnoses-triggered benefit to support families dealing with infertility, with multiple plan options available.
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes — One of the first carriers to offer a benefit for the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
- Health and wellness, including annual physical — Many health and wellness benefits in the marketplace offer a different set of screenings and do not include an annual physical exam. Our products include one of the most comprehensive lists with up to 60 screenings available in our standard policies.
Core covered conditions
Seven core conditions are covered in various percentages depending on the plan design selected. Core conditions can be paired with additional covered conditions to address the financial and health risks facing your organization.