Why offer group critical illness insurance?
- Cash benefit is paid directly to the insured to use any way they choose
- Helps cover out-of-pocket costs without tapping savings or other sources
- Payouts don’t depend on employee’s income or participation in other employer insurance offerings
What does group critical illness insurance cover?
Our critical illness offering is designed to stand out from the competition with features like these:
- Full benefit cancer after partial benefit cancer — Benefits are treated independently and aren’t reduced if one benefit is paid and another diagnosis happens
- Child-specific benefits available — Including Type 1 diabetes (juvenile diabetes), Down syndrome and cleft lip or cleft palate surgery
- Dependent parent rider — Benefit available to employee or spouse providing financial support to a dependent parent (must equal more than half of parent’s monthly expenses)
- Additional coverage:
- COVID-19 Infectious Disease benefit available1
- 25 covered conditions including Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Legionnaire’s disease and skin cancer
All benefits are diagnosis based, not treatment based
Core covered conditions
Our critical illness insurance covers seven core conditions in various percentages depending on the plan design selected. Core conditions can be paired with additional covered conditions to address the financial and health risks facing your organization.