How Benefit Scout works
Benefit Scout guides employees where and when they need it — including education and support, cost calculators, virtual chat capabilities or on-demand benefit counselors.
First, employees answer a few simple questions about their family, lifestyle, savings and debts. Benefit Scout then analyzes their answers with data and decision logic to calculate the options for them, based on their unique needs.
Employees then receive specific voluntary insurance benefit recommendations and cost estimates, which they can evaluate and customize before enrolling.
As part of the experience, employees have 24/7 access to Scout, the platform’s virtual chat assistant to ask common questions, and they can contact our dedicated Enterprise Contact Center by phone or online chat for one-on-one support.
Estimate your benefit with Map a Payout
Map a Payout2, our patented feature of Benefit Scout, lets employees build a claim scenario following an accident or hospital stay to see potential payouts.
- Customized to your plan design – and personalized to individual employee’s options
- Educates employees on how the cash benefit received can be used to cover everyday expenses in addition to medical costs
- Demonstrates the value of combining accident and hospital indemnity benefits in an injury situation (if employee has both options)
Connect the dots on your benefits with Coverage ConnectorTM
Coverage Connector, a feature of Benefit Scout, helps employees understand how their accident and illness insurances complement their employer-offered disability and medical coverages:
- Educates employees on how their benefit plans can work together
- Helps employees understand how the cash benefit received can be used to cover everyday expenses not covered by medical or disability insurance
Benefit Scout advantages for employers
- Supports companies’ financial wellness by working to lessen the uninsured and underinsured, empowering employees to take full advantage of their benefits — while boosting the health of a plan and the bottom line
- Helps ensure employees are enrolling for appropriate amounts of coverage at new hire, annual enrollment and eligible events — because they are better educated
- Reduces the number of calls and inquiries handled by Human Resources, minimizing internal communication efforts while maximizing cost savings through the self-service recommendation model with on-demand benefit counselors
- Offers multi-touch marketing campaign to employees during enrollment to encourage use of this important decision-support tool