Bill leads our Affinity Solutions area, which serves the financial institution and association markets in the United States and Canada. He oversees sales, business development, financial management, strategic planning, marketing, compliance and operations.
Bill has over 25 years of insurance industry experience. He started his career at Securian Financial in 1995 and was promoted to second vice president in 2004, vice president in 2014, senior vice president in 2019 and to executive vice president in 2022. He has led our domestic financial institution and group life businesses and has also held the position of interim CEO of our Canadian Premier subsidiary. Bill has expertise in financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, product development, strategic planning, and risk management. Additionally, he has extensive knowledge of individual life insurance products, broker dealers, affiliated distribution, individual annuity products, and corporate functions.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting, University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
- Master of Business Administration in strategy and finance, University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Fellow, Life Management Institute
Bill is an active supporter of the local community and serves on the board of the Twin Cities chapter of Habitat for Humanity.