Being a good neighbor means being a good steward of the environment
Securian is nationally recognized for our green efforts. Our 401 building is one of only five office buildings in Minnesota to earn the prestigious LEED certification for Existing Buildings. Securian also earned the E.P.A.’s Energy Star Award, the national symbol for superior energy efficiency and environmental protection, for our 400 and 401 buildings.
Being a good steward of the environment is nothing new to Securian – in fact, we’ve spent years developing and implementing building operating efficiencies and high performance workplaces.
Our sustainable practices include:
- Heating and cooling our downtown campus with a renewable energy source.
- Fully automated “smart” lighting controls and sensors and electronic energy management.
- Extensive material recycling and reclamation programs.
- Green IT initiatives.
- Cleaning products and processes that comply with strict environmental and safety standards.
- Working with environmentally-minded manufacturers, who use processes and techniques that don’t deplete forests or add to landfills.